Found out today that I got 30+ hours at work for the week which makes me a happy camper because I need the extra guap.
Got all my laundry done thank goodness.
Got all my grocery hopping done.
Ate some Nicaraguan Nacatamal that my mom brought home from Florida which I haven’t had in YEARSSSSSS.
Bought a bunch of strawberries and pineapples to satisfy my craving for fruits ~
Finished a new sketch on my blank canvas
Got some language studying done for Viet.
Got some A&P studying done ~
I feel super productive :]
This has been a very nice and well needed weekend. After working all those extra hours and getting little sleep, these past two days were finally possible :)
I celebrated my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend on Friday. (Holy shit! lol). He’s been my longest relationship, and that’s a little special to me to say the least. Even through our ups and downs, I’m glad we’ve made it this far.
A lot has been going on in these past couple of weeks in different aspects of my life, and yet I haven’t had a chance to sit down and have some quality time with my moleskin. Perhaps not all things are meant to be saved in photographs or notes or letters. Perhaps some things are better kept in memories. But it’s nice to write about certain things while it’s still fresh in our minds for so many reasons that only few people understand.
Tomorrow I had planned on taking myself out on a date to barnes and noble, some coffee/lunch, and then some candle-lit yoga and meditation, but at the last minute I was asked to do some extra hours at work since someone called out. I could’ve said no, but extra cash in my pocket (especially after these past two days) sounds nice lol.
Even though I won’t get to go to B&N or get myself some lunch at a nice cafe, I can atleast make it to the candle-lit yoga class. :]
As of now, so many different things are slowly falling into place. That simple fact makes me happy.
My family and some family friends from Brasil.
In this video, there is someone who is recovering from a recent heart surgery. In this video, there is someone who has cancer and is in the process of going through radiation and chemo. In this video, there is someone who is currently recovering from being hospitalized for a week from an asthma attack that almost left them in a coma. But what do you see in this video?
A bunch of people dancing, laughing, shouting, and singing.
Because that’s how we are. No matter how hard things get, we’re taught from a young age to shake it off and simply take everything with a bit of humor.
"I really enjoyed today" :)
I love days like today. I went to class and was able to study.
and then chilling at home and watching a movie with you and eating a home cooked meal was the perfect way to top it off.
Dancing swing and then play fighting and laughing always make me smile.
Taking me home and eating some ice cream while walking and talking about random things made it all even better.
My comic; “Introversion” is finished! Please go to the main page of my blog to read it in full size (the text is kinda small)
I really hope you’ll like it!
this made me cry like a big dope
took me so long to realise i was introverted!
I want to
wake up in the mornings
turn over and slowly wake you
with the caress of my hand against your cheek
with your eyes slowly fluttering open
and me whispering,
"good morning, love of my life"
I want to
bask in your gaze
while you take me in completely
and smile that tender smile of yours
all the while playing with my hair
and finding ourselves leaning in
kissing each other slowly and deeply
I want to
hear our breaths flow in unison
every inhale, an exhale
our hands curiously tracing patterns on each other’s skin
like a treasure map
searching for an X to find the hidden treasure
that’s buried within
I want to
feel liberated and free
like my true self
in constant laughter and happiness
and let myself fall in your arms
to feel the love passing through us
and feel the shield of what protection has to offer
I want to
welcome pleasure and desire
where shame will be nonexistent
and the only thing existent
will be body against body
arch against arch
and breath against breath.
Oh, hi guys :)
It has been quite a ride;
but how much of these ups and downs can a person take?
I find solace in comforting words such as “the success is right after the hardest part” or “God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle”
but why is it that it’s so fucking hard sometimes?
"To I love you"
lmao fail autocorrect xD
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
This is beyond beautiful.
and I smiled reading your reply lol
On adopting a baby kitten;
Him: Hey, did your mom ever say yes to adopting the kitten once it’s born?
Me: She didn’t even answer my text. I walked into the house and the first thing she said was, “WHY DO YOU WANT A CAT FOR?!” So that’s a no.
Him: That’s not a no! You could’ve made good points about it. You could’ve been like “It could eat any bugs or mice in the house if there are any” and stuff like that.
Me: Yeah, and he’ll scratch the shit out of our furniture! and pee or poop all over the place! and she’ll be like, “who’s going to take care of it? that’s another mouth to feed!”
Him: You train it! Hell, I’ll pay child support!
Me: LMAO, I’m telling her you said that.
Him: Okay and since I’m paying for it, I get to name it.
Me: What?! oh hell no! It’ll be my child, you’re just paying child support so I can raise it!
Him: Nah, ahhh! I’m paying so I get to name it!
Me: You obviously don’t know how child support works! lmao I want to name it too, gosh!
Him: I want to name him muffin!
Me: Aww… that’s actually cute. But no, I want to name it cherry!
Me: Cherry! It’s cuter than Muffin!
Him and I simultaneously: Cherry-Muffin!! -start cracking up-
Me: Cherry muffin is cute! Okay that’s its name. I get to actually PICK THE KITTEN from the litter!
Him: No, I’m going to do what my coworker did when he picked his pup. He went up to box of puppies and said “Chocolate!” and only one puppy looked up at him and wagged its tail at him. So I’m going to walk to the cats and be like “Cherry-Muffin!” and that’ll be our child.
Me: -laughing- you’re such a loser lol. Alright, but I want to be there too. I have those rights as its mother.
We get too excited about these things sometimes lmao
1/45 older »